Cargo Eyeshadow Review (& Swatches)

30 March 2015

Ever since I saw Cargo's "Yukon" eyeshadow mentioned in one of Gabby's videos on youtube (velvetgh0st), I had to find it! I don't often spend a lot on eyeshadows, but I am willing to buy pricier shadows if the shade and formula seems worth it. 

I picked up "St. Tropez" and "Yukon", two neutral shimmers that are perfect for creating natural but pretty eye looks. I'm pretty lazy when it come to eyeshadow, so I love colors that work on their own, on the entire lid. These two shades definitely work for that!



"St. Tropez" is a warm-toned gold/copper shade with gold shimmer. It is very bronze-y, but not too intense. It's a color that's great for adding some interest to the eyes when you want your focus on bright lipstick, blush, or bronzed skin. It will add a little definition without being over the top.

"Yukon" is a taupe shade with a very subtle silver sheen. This shade is also a great neutral to pair with bright colors, or to use all over the lid as the base of a smoky-eye look. "Yukon" looks more cool-toned at times, more warm-toned at others. I imagine it would look good on a lot of skin tones and with every eye color. 





As you can see, the shadows aren't all that pigmented when applied with a brush. I find that I have better luck packing the color on with my finger for more color pay-off & shimmer. But when used with a primer or wet, the colors definitely pop more. 

If you're looking for a natural eyeshadow that is very buildable for achieving different looks, I would definitely recommend these two shades. I also love that they come in small tins - perfect for traveling!

I bought these at Kohl's, but you can also order them on Cargo's website.

What are your favorite single eyeshadow shades? Or do you prefer palettes?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment