Washi Tape Organization

03 June 2015

I have a slight obsession with Washi Tape... Well, I guess any kind of decorative tape really. One of my favorite craft stores has a whole wall of it, and with the dollar aisle rolls at Target, my collection has grown exponentially over the last year. Before, I just kept the rolls in an Ikea box - so they were organized, but every time I wanted to use one I had to pull out the box and dig through for a specific one. Now, it wasn't particularly inconvenient, but when I spotted this thread rack at a moving sale, I knew right away I had to have it for my tape.

 There's a stand on the back that props the rack up, making it sit about six inches away from the edge of my desk. My desk is pretty wide, so this isn't much of a problem for me. The rack had one broken peg - probably why it was being sold - but it doesn't bother me so much.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fit a roll on each peg, for some of the rolls are wider than the spaces, but I have some smaller rolls (that I found at HomeGoods) that fit perfectly. I imagine that I might have an issue if I needed to use each and every peg... but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! Right now, I'm just glad to have a cute display for all the bright & colorful rolls. It's really convenient to have it all right at my fingertips to use in my planner or on notes. 

Aren't garage/moving sales the best?! How do you organize your washi? 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment