Drugstore Summer Makeup Look

29 June 2015

This makeup look is all about glowing skin and bold brows. It's a neutral look that goes with anything.

First, I start with the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. This is the perfect tinted moisturizer for summer - it's light, but makes a great base. You can read a more in-depth review in this post. You could also add in a concealer, but sometimes I skip it to keep my skin looking its most natural.

Then, I move onto brows. I love to fill in my brows lightly with the Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown. Then I set it with the Maybelline Brow Drama in Soft Brown. These two products create a natural but defined brow look.

And then it's bronzer and highlight! This is the star of this makeup look. I use my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder on my temples, forehead, and to subtly contour my cheekbones. Then, I take a pea-sized about of the e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal and warm it up on the back of my hand. I lightly blend this onto the tops of my cheekbones, my eyelids, the tip of my nose, my cupid's bow, and to highlight my brow bone. This is a very pink toned highlight, so it might not work for every skin tone, but I find that it's great for adding a warm glow to the face.

Some days, I skip mascara. But other days I want fluttery lashes, so I use the Covergirl Bombshell Mascara. It is supposedly a volumizing mascara, but I just use the "1" side and it is a very natural looking, defining mascara.

Then I just put on some lip balm, like the Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm. Done and done!

It's a simple makeup look that is hard to mess up - and the best part is that it won't melt off your face in the heat!

What are your favorite drugstore products for summer?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment