My Desk

16 April 2015

Having a desk space has always been a necessity in my life. I've always been an artist, a crafter, and a student, so having my own place to spread out my work and create is important to me. I thought I'd share my desk set-up as it is now, because I always love to see how others organize their desk space and keep it functional.


I got this desk from Ikea when I was in high school, and it has been the perfect place for doing homework and all of my craft projects. The desktop itself has a built-in light table for tracing or drafting - a functional feature that I haven't used that often, but when I have needed it, it definitely comes in handy! I use the a-frame legs for storing my garbage/recycling bins and some Ikea boxes filled with craft supplies. Next to my desk, I have an Ikea bookshelf where I keep some more craft/office supplies, magazines, and files. Because I like to keep my desk space fairly open (and there aren't any drawers underneath), it's convenient for me to have all my supplies close by, but not cluttered on top of my desk.

 
On top of my desk I like to keep just a few everyday items. Scissors, pens, pencils, paper clips, a stapler, and sticky notes are essentials for me. I also keep some colorful pens/markers in a Ikea napkin holder in the back. I recently purchased the gold stapler and glass box from Target, and I found the little gold/brassy box (which reads "Rubber Bands" on one side and "Clips" on the other) at a vintage store. I store my pencils and pens in a mason jar - so as you can see I love to mix and match old & new! 

How do you organize your office space? Where are your favorite places to shop for office supplies? I'm always switching up the way I organize/style my desk, so I'm always collecting new pieces to help me stay organized.

XOXO

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute & effective use of space! I love the gold stapler and boxes :)

    http://somelittlethinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gotta love items that are functional AND cute!

      Delete
  2. This desk is just gorgeous! I love all of the bright colors and the way it's organized so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes the blue walls can seem a bit dark, but the white furniture seems to help lighten it up a bit.

      Delete
  3. This is a great little corner. I like how you have everything set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The "set up" is sometimes more fun than the work that has to be done there!

      Delete