Back to School Makeup Kit

09 August 2015

Getting out the door on school mornings is not an easy task. Sometimes it feels like a day's work before you've even left the house! When it comes to makeup, I think a school look should be fresh and simple. All of these products are easy to wear and affordable to buy, as well as quick to apply for mornings when you're rushing to catch the bus.

For a base, I think the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream is a great option. I mentioned this product in my Summer Skincare post because of its SPF and lightweight qualities, but I think it's also a good choice for school because it is moisturizing without being too shiny. It provides a light layer of coverage with no chance of cake-face. For extra coverage, I love the Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer. It illuminates the under-eye area and hides the bit of redness you might have around your nose. To set your base, you can't go wrong with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Next up: Brows & Eyes. I recently purchased the E.L.F. Studio Brow Kit in Medium and I am very impressed. I wanted to try an inexpensive brow gel to see how I liked the look, and I have been wearing it ever since. I usually just apply the gel, but it's nice to have the powder for days when I'm feeling extra bold. For eyes, I like the NYX Love in Paris Palettes in Madeleines and Macaroons and Let Them Eat Cake. Both of these palettes feature neutral shades that can easily be blended across the lid, or you can use the darker shades for a subtle liner. These palettes aren't the most pigmented, but I usually don't want a super bold eye look anyway. Finish off with a coat of the L'Oreal Miss Manga Voluminous Mascara and your lashes will be defined and lengthened.

For lips, I love the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. These balms build up to a seriously pigmented gloss, but feel and wear like a balm. They're easy to reapply without a mirror, so they're perfect for passing-period touchups. Plus, they smell amazing! I love the shades Cherry Me, Grape Vine, and the Dr. Rescue Soothing Sorbet

What's your favorite back to school makeup look? Or do you prefer to rock the #iwokeuplikethis look?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment